44th Annual Ward World Championship
Wildfowl Carving Competition and Art Festival
Roland E. Powell Convention Center
Ocean City, MD
April 25, 26 & 27, 2014
Hours: Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Award ceremony, 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Admission: Multi-Day Pass: $10
Seniors & Students - $8
Children under 12 free (with adult)
Group rate for 6 or more: $6 per person
The World Championship is an international event where carvers, collectors, and visitors convene at the end of each April in Ocean City, MD. From highly decorative works of art to functional hunting decoys, about 1200 different wildfowl carvings representing more than 150 species from around the world can be viewed at the premiere, most prestigious competition in the world. Competitors of all levels--from youth to world champions--compete against their peers for the chance to win a portion of nearly $60,000 in prize money, as well as other recognition including ribbons, medallions, plaques and trophies. There are 39 different divisions in which an artist can compete--decorative life-size and miniature wildfowl, floating waterfowl, interpretive, gunning decoys and contemporary antiques to name a few.
- See the World's best wildfowl art!
- Attend seminars given by master carvers.
- Buy carvings at the Carver's Art Shop.
- Shop at any one of the many exhibitors' booths selling fine art work, home decorating items, folk art, jewelry, sporting goods or carving and art supplies.
- Bid on carvings at the Saturday afternoon auction.
- Enjoy bird-watching on an early morning walk at Assateague or a sunset cruise on the bay.
- Join the fun at Kid's Corner.
The multi-day event offers Educational classes, seminars and workshops for all skills levels on the multiple aspects of carving and carving related topics. The Kids' Corner offers children a hands on carving experience and includes many make and take projects.